Should You Get A Second Opinion Regarding Treatment For Your Varicose Veins?
With treatments for varicose veins advancing every day, it’s important to seek a second opinion before you make a final decision. We’ll walk you through some of the reasons here.
Venous insufficiencies are some of the most common chronic conditions in the United States. However, because there are so many treatments available for vein-related issues, it’s important to seek a second opinion to ensure you are pursuing the best possible option for your unique circumstance. Here are some reasons why you should speak with Dr. Kern before treating your varicose veins.
- Confirming Your Diagnosis. As emerging technologies continue to mature, patients with a chronic venous insufficiency have more treatment options than ever. However, as with any disease or disorder, the appropriate course of treatment will depend on your unique circumstances and the severity of your condition. Since some conditions are more difficult to diagnose, and many doctors prefer specific treatments, it’s important to seek multiple opinions in order to make the best possible decision.
- Expanding Your Options. Many doctors still recommend outdated treatments such as invasive surgical procedures or vein stripping, which have long since been replaced with safer, minimally invasive alternatives.
- Finding the Right Doctor. Dr. Kern has performed thousands of minimally invasive, catheter-based, and ultrasound guided vascular procedures. Dr. Kern’s focus is on treating patients with varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency, venous stasis, and / or leg ulcers. Dr. Kern is a highly qualified, well respected physician throughout Kane County. With 25+ years of experience, he has made this profession and passion his life’s work.
- Dr. Kern receives referrals from primary care practices for second opinions and treatment of the most complex vein problems. These patients are referred to Dr. Kern due to his extensive knowledge and training focused on the circulatory system. The vascular system is one of the most complicated systems in the body.
- At Vein Specialists of Geneva, our experienced and dedicated team is well-versed in the latest vein therapies and procedures. We understand that patients with chronic venous insufficiencies have a wide assortment of treatments available. During your consultation, Dr. Kern will take the time to help you understand the underlying cause of your discomfort, explain your treatment options, and then guide you through every step of your procedure and recovery.